Monday, May 11, 2009

I'm Done!!!!


I made it! It is so surreal right now as I am moving out of my apartment into our pool house for the summer. I will move to New Orleans in early August to start classes at UNO (Pray that I will find safe and reasonably priced housing).

This summer I am working at Glenwood, an Autism and Behavioral Center in Birmingham. I will be an assistant teacher in a classroom with 7 students. I am so excited about the opportunity to work here!

I will also be working on attaining a Louisiana teaching certificate so I can officially be accepted into the University of New Orleans. This means taking a couple of standardized tests, waiting for scores, waiting on my Alabama teaching certificate to be sent in the mail, then mailing it all to Louisiana along with my transcripts.

This is my friend John who is also moving to New Orleans this summer to serve two years with a program called Teach for America. I am so thankful he will be nearby! God has been so faithful to provide what I have needed--friendships, a summer job, a way to pay for school, and so much more. I pray that I will continue to remember His faithfulness and trust that He will provide for my needs.

2 comments:

Jawan said...

Sorry we couldn't be there, Laura. Congratulations!

Roberdeau said...

Congrats Laura! all of that sounds exciting! I hope you have a wonderful summer at that school. I'm going back to camp for the summer