Thursday, February 18, 2010

I survived!

Well, I officially made it through my first Mardi Gras and I am pooped. Over the course of 2 weeks, I went to 19 parades (including the Saints parade) and biked to the French Quarter with friends on Mardi Gras day. We stayed at least a block away from Bourbon St at all times and it was surprisingly PG to PG-13 rated everywhere we went.

Mary Anna and I pulled together an awesome, homemade peacock costume in a week but realized that we need to start planning ahead now for next year. We're thinking lemon wedge, oyster, hot sauce, and beer. :)
Me and my friend Ashley watching the Thoth parade with church family. I love that I am getting to know new friends on deeper levels now.
And SO GLAD to get to experience new things with old friends.


1 comments:

Alyssa F. said...

Looks like fun!!! I really like the peacock outfits-cute, cute!!! Well done girls!