Sunday, March 14, 2010

The poet

Here is another poem that Katrina wrote--this one is about me:


Older, smarter, funnier you are
My bigger sister who likes cigars
I look up to you all the time
Even though we're like partners in crime
The good times we've had
Including the bad and the sad
And the memories we make
And those mistakes
You're here for me now, that's what matters
I understand your past with all the shatters
There were hardships that you had to overcome
I know those things made you numb
You hid away for so long
After things all went wrong
We lost a sibling which was hard on us all
Then you put up that bearing wall
It's almost like i lost you too
With everything that you went through
There was pain and hurt, too much to bare
And of that i was aware
But you were strong and got through it
Day by day, Bit by bit


0 comments: