Sunday, June 27, 2010

Falling into pieces

Today has been exhausting emotionally. I have been having a really hard time dealing with Jordan leaving and I was surprised that the rest of my siblings have too. I expected Katrina and Annika to cry because they are emotional like me but when Sarah and Corey started crying too, that was the end of any composure I had managed to maintain up to that point.
The entire drive back to New Orleans was like a series of emotional waves. I would be overwhelmed by emotions then just when I thought I had overcome them, another wave would hit. It has been really difficult to pick apart the reasons to why this has been emotionally trying but here is what I have so far:
1) A big part of it is that no other sibling has moved since I moved to college and now when I go home we won't all be together anymore. I'm worried that we won't all be together again (even though I know this isn't true, it won't be the same).
2) I think a lot of this has to do with losing Rachael and now that I am feeling like I am losing Jordan too, the old feelings of loss have resurfaced even though it is not the same situation.
3) Another reason is my lack of faith. I think that Jordan's time at boot camp is a critical point in his relationship with God and that this will either make him or break him. I am not fully trusting that God will use boot camp to draw Jordan to Him.
I know there is more lurking around inside me but I am too exhausted to probe any deeper. Off to bed and praying for deep, dreamless sleep...

0 comments: