Saturday, June 16, 2007

Breaking Away

This week is my Saturday off and I decided to come to Fairhope, AL to stay with my grandmother, Mormor, and to visit my Aunt Elsa and Uncle Vince. I absolutely love Lagniappe but sometimes I feel like running far away. It becomes overwhelming with all the volunteers and the messes they leave behind. However, no matter how far I run away, I always find myself running back. One of the reasons I love Lagniappe is because it is a place for broken people. At Lagniappe we don't have to pretend we are perfect people, we say to each other "Its ok that you aren't ok because I'm not ok either". I think this is also a reason I go running to family. True family already knows that you aren't ok and loves you in spite of it all.

2 comments:

Jawan said...

Hey Laura, I stopped at the Lagniappe booth this past week at the PCA General Assembly in Memphis and talked with Kelly, the recruiter. She was sweet. I mentioned your name but was sure she was probably overwhelmed with a whole list of names so I didn't expect her to know everyone I knew. I am glad you got a chance to break away and get some rest with blood family! Love ya!

Jawan said...

By the way, did you get the notice from Community that our church sent you a large sum of support money? Let me know.