Sunday, June 10, 2007

Wow, we've been checking in teams all weekend and the number of volunteers this week is going to be around 250. Next week we will have a full camp (350 volunteers) and camp will stay full until the end of July. I'm glad the numbers have slowly been increasing because it is hard getting used to so many people being here. It isn't that stressful during the day when teams are at their worksites but it is when they are all trying to check out or check in tools and when everyone is trying to shower or get ready in the bathrooms.

Monday nights we get a little break when we go to Bible study at a staff member's house. We are going through the book of Galatians, but won't be doing it this week because most of the staff is gone to general assembly in Memphis. Last week we studied Galatians 2 and discussed that the purpose of the law is to show us our sin and make us realize how much we need God's grace. I often think that I am generally a good person and forget how great a sinner I am. I am constantly needing to be reminded of my need for grace!

0 comments: