Thursday, January 22, 2009

My Love/Hate relationship with Technology

Why I love it:
1. It cuts down the number of hours I spend drawing things for school and coming up with craft ideas.
2. It is an easy way to turn in assignments and to research topics.
3. It allows me to keep in touch with friends that I don't get to see often whether by facebook, my blog, or phone calls.
4. It is a great form of entertainment--watching movies, news updates, etc
5. Almost any piece of information is only a click away.

Why I hate it:
1. I had 10 missed calls, 4 answered calls, and 11 outgoing calls today. I also listened to 9 messages today.
2. I spent a total of 2 hours answering emails today. (partially because some emails require searching to find an answer to questions) On average, I read and answer about 15 emails per day.
3. Nothing ever works when I need it to work.

So I guess there are more reasons I love it than hate it but gee whiz! We live in a world where you are expected to be a call or an email away. Heaven forbid you decide not to answer your phone for a few hours or not check your email for a day. I am guilty of this midset also but some days I struggle with deciding whether or not to feed my cell phone to the dog.

0 comments: