Saturday, January 31, 2009

My life song

Amazing grace! How sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found was blind but now I see.
Twas grace that taught my heart to fear and grace my fears relieves. How precious did that grace appear the hour I first believed.
Chorus: My chains are gone! I've been set free! My God my Saviour has ransomed me! And like a flood his mercy reigns! Unending love. Amazing grace.
The lord has promised good to me. His word my hope secured. He will my shelter and portion be as long as life endures.
The earth shall soon dissolve like snow. The sun forever to shine. But God who called me here below will be forevermore...will be forevermore. You are forevermore.

This is a beautiful rendition of amazing grace and a comforting reminder that God is gracious to me. I so often forget the grace that has been imparted to me and do not give grace to others.

Probably the biggest reminder of my sin is when I am interacting with the Buddies. I so often see and hear their anxiety. Their ability to focus only on themselves is aggravating. Then like a lightbulb from the Holy Spirit I am reminded, "oh yeah...they sound kinda like me...dammit". Thank you God for being so gracious toward me in my sin. Help me to impart that same grace and love to others and continue to remind me of your grace.

1 comments:

Roberdeau said...

you mean, "damnit?" get it right, woman! ;)

how you been, Laura?