Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Today marks the nine year anniversary of Rachael going to be with Jesus. I have so many emotions running through me right now--jealousy, sadness, joy, compassion.
I'm jealous that Rachael gets to experience the joys of heaven and the splendor of God's presence. The sadness is self-explanatory. The joy is because Katrina and I have become closer and have been able to share more with each other spiritually and emotionally. Tonight we drove out to the grave side and sat talking about how adjusting over the years has been and how it has changed our lives.
The compassion is for the driver who hit our car. I can't imagine how this has impacted his life and I wonder how often he thinks about us. So often, I want to contact him to make sure he knows that I have forgiven him and to share God's grace with him. I don't know anything about this man other than his name but I hope that if he wasn't a Christian before the accident, that God used the situation to draw him to Himself.

0 comments: