Sunday, May 16, 2010

Today's program is made possible by....

Rainboots! My roomie and I woke this morning to a crazy storm with intense lightning and monsoon type showers. I looked outside after about 30 minutes into the storm and saw that our cars were about to be flooded so I ran to grab our keys (my roomie was showering so I said I would move both of them). I had to move them 4 blocks to an empty lot then trudge back through the river that was once our streets. 

Church was cancelled because you couldn't get around unless you had an air boat. I was praying the entire time that I was moving our cars that I would make it. If we had waited any longer, our cars would have been ruined.
It's a blur but this is me conquering the monsoon. I was too wet and cold to let my roommate try to get a clear picture.

In front of my house:

Then to add insult to injury, I was attacked by one of those damn stinging caterpillars that live in the tree in front of our house. Ugh! I'm taking benadryl and curling up in bed with a book. Let me know when the sun comes out again.

0 comments: