Saturday, June 7, 2008

The Ultimate price

I was talking to a friend earlier this week and she said something about how sad it is that all these people with intellectual disabilities have more children with intellectual disabilities and continue the vicious cycle that taxpayers have to pay to support. My first thought was yeah, I guess you're right. We are paying for these people who cannot support themselves to have children who cannot support themselves either. Then I thought, wait... isn't that what God did for me??? He paid the ultimate price that I could never pay. He sent his son to die on the cross...for me! And even more...to die for all people who accept God as their savior, even those with intellectual disabilities. Thank you God for loving me enough to send your only son to pay for my sins. Please let your love shine through me to those who may not know the love of Christ.

2 comments:

Roberdeau said...

oh, a week or so. how was your trip to lagniappe a couple of weeks ago? what are the new terns like?

raquelmae said...

Laura, you're an awesome person. I wish we had gotten to know each other better. Thoughts on coming to Lagniappe for 4th of July?

Miss you. Hope things are going well. What are you doing this summer?