Sunday, June 29, 2008

Work It!

I joined a gym yesterday! I am so pumped! The gym is called Health Plus and it is a wonderful program. The first two times you go, they help you set your goals and come up with your own personal workout plan to help you meet those goals. The plan is then programmed into their computer so you can access it and chart your progress. All your settings are programmed into the treadmills, elipticals, and other electronic machines also. There is an indoor and outdoor track, indoor pool with lap lanes, free fruit, water, and towels, shower and locker room, and all classes are free (pilates, cycling, water aerobics, etc). I go Tuesday for my first meeting and am looking forward to setting my goals and having some accountability to the trainers. There are also a couple of girls in my major that go to this gym so maybe we can go together.
I have been riding my bike to class about once a week but it is stinkin' hot. It is about 1 1/2 miles one way (3 miles round trip) and I am red faced and sweating by the time I make it to class. If anyone has seen how red Sarah's face gets after playing soccer that is about how I look. :) Plus it is no fun being that nasty and knowing you can't do anything about it for 4-5 more hours. Enough said, I am looking forward to working out in the air conditioning and having someone to motivate me and keep me accountable.

View from the indoor track looking down on the treadmills.

Computer where you keep up with your fitness plan and your progress.
Indoor Pool. Heated for use in the winter too.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Hey! I didn't know you had a blog! Good luck with the gym thing.

Love Ben Folds, by the way. Jordan was the one who told me about him. Isn't THAT interesting. Miss you!

rhodes1 said...

So exciting Laura! I'm definitely going to have to join you at some point!