Saturday, July 12, 2008

Life is a whirlwind

The end of the semester is approaching fast, final projects are due, and I have to get ahead of my schoolwork so I can miss a day next week. This Friday I will be flying to Bloomington, Indiana for the Best Buddies Leadership Conference and flying back late monday night (on my birthday!). I love birthdays! They are a great excuse to get together with friends and celebrate! And good friends that I haven't seen or talked to in a while usually call me. It makes me feel loved!

Today I am sitting at Panera "working on projects". I will eventually work on them but I have to get all of my procrastinating out of the way first. This morning I went to a friend's house to help her pick veggies in the garden. I really just watched while she loaded my basket with tomatoes and cucumbers. She is so sweet! I help her by watching 2 of her girls whenever I get a chance and she gives me the best payment of all...fresh veggies and a delicious lunch!

In the blue bowl is a delicious cold salad that she makes for me and I made at home with what she gave me. It is made with an onion, cucumbers, zucchini, tomatoes, basil, red wine vinegar, olive oil, and salt and pepper.

In the red bowl is a yummy vegetable soup that I made with some stewed tomatoes, squash, zucchini, and green beans---all given to me from her garden. (and an onion from wal-mart)

0 comments: