Saturday, August 23, 2008

It has been a while

So...a lot has happened since my last post but then again..nothing really has happened. One friday night while I was home, I was talking to my dad about grad school and taking the GRE (Graduate Record Examination). I decided to sign up to take it on that Monday. I didn't study and yet managed to make an 1100. I guess this is a decent grade but I don't know what the graduate schools that I am interested in are looking for. Currently, my favorite choice for grad school is the University of New Orleans. Supposedly they have a really good early intervention program because they work with a local hospital and they have good funding. Also, I would only be an hour away from Lagniappe. :)
I have now been in school for a week. I am already overwhelmed but am trying to believe the gospel. It is taking a lot to get Best Buddies going for the year. Best Buddies has been taking up more time and effort than school. We have over 60 Buddies with intellectual disabilities then their College Buddies and extra students who do not have their own buddy.Managing 130+ people is a little overwhelming at times.
I'm enjoying my classes so far. I am taking history of social welfare, severe disabilities curriculum, educational media, and practicum. I am learning a lot of interesting things like how to make my own web page, different issues that have affected social welfare laws, and strategies to use when working with children with severe disabilities. It is awesome to be excited about school and I hope it continues through the semester!

0 comments: