Saturday, August 9, 2008

Let the games begin!

I decided to throw a party in our pool house to celebrate the olympic opening ceremony. We invited the Boykins, Morgans, and Mary Morton to come celebrate with us. Annika and Sarah made olympic rings out of paper plates and torches out of construction paper and cellophane. Our menu was a chinese theme including: fried rice, stir fry with dog (tastes like pork), PF chang's lettuce wraps, fortune cookies, and Dissident's death by chocolate for dessert. Annika and Sarah helped me make a playlist for our party and one of their favorite songs on the playlist was the Chariots of Fire theme song. We were playing the song when Griff and Annika decided they were going to play soccer in slow motion. (If you haven't seen Chariots of Fire...Casey....then you probably won't get the video. Go out and rent it now!)

We also held our own olympic pool games (water wrestling, water polo, synchronized swimming, and synchronized diving). Cobi, Tanner, Eli, and Corey were our synchronized diving winners.

2 comments:

raquelmae said...

Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun. I love you too! We should definitely get together and meet at Lagniappe! I'd love to catch up!

rhodes1 said...

That looks like so much fun! I miss my roommates :( I'm coming by next week. You might walk out of your room, find me reading on the couch, and forget that I ever left :)