Thursday, April 22, 2010

Bug Season

It is official! The bugs have invaded New Orleans! I walked out the door this morning to a swarm of pesky mosquitoes chasing me and stinging caterpillars dive bombing from the trees. Now, I have experience with mosquitoes (can we say 100% deet...) but these caterpillars are another story. Apparently they invade every year too. No lie---we have hundreds maybe as much as 1,000 of these stinging caterpillars in the tree in front of my house. They have also found their way onto our cars, porch, and fence. I make a mad dash to my car whenever I step out my front door. Yikes!







3 comments:

Kim said...

Yuck. Yuck. Yuck.

Roberdeau said...

gross... maybe you should put some of them in a terrarium (sp?) and let them turn in to butterflies? - maybe that will redeem them in your mind..

Laura C. said...

maybe--except they turn into moths and I don't want to risk getting stung (I've heard it is comparable to a bee sting). At this point I see no redeeming qualities....