Friday, April 16, 2010

Can't sleep....

I don't usually have this problem. When I am stressed my answer is usually to go to sleep then worry about it later but I haven't been able to turn my brain off the past couple of nights. Just this week I have decided that I am not going to get an Add-On degree in Deaf Education but will just get my Master's degree in Early Intervention. This means I will take 2 classes this summer and 2 in the Fall then graduate in December.

The second decision I made this week is the one that is stressing me out.....drum roll please.......I have decided that I am going to look for a teaching job for the Fall. I know this does not sound that big but I have now been preparing for this moment for FIVE YEARS and it is time. There is a new charter school opening in the Fall and I REALLY want to work there. So now I am working like a crazy person to put together/revise my portfolio (lesson plans, behavior plans, intervention plans, classroom environment, resume, references, research, cover letter, teaching philosophy, etc.) as well as trying to prepare for what questions I may be asked to answer in an interview (God willing, I make it that far).

On top of it all, we have a girl from Teach for America staying with us and telling me about all these people who are in town interviewing for teaching jobs and all I can think of is "they better back off my school". Not to mention that I have two weeks of classes left and am trying to finish papers and projects before finals start.

Eek! No going out this weekend...or sleeping

1 comments:

Alyssa F. said...

Love you Laura! Hang in there!!!