Sunday, August 23, 2009

Friends!

I have been feeling really lonely lately but God provided me with some encouragement today. I went to my church's prayer group this morning in the hopes of having time to fellowship and bond with people at the church. It was nice to spend time with this small group and be encouraged by their prayers for the church and its members.
After the service I saw several people that I wasn't expecting. Three friends from Lagniappe ended up visiting and I got to talk with them briefly. While I was talking to them I saw Mary Owen, a friend from Auburn, walk by. She is here for the week to volunteer with a group from her church in Augusta Georgia! It is nice to have someone in town who I know and can call up to go have coffee with me.
Thank you God for providing friends when I was feeling lonely!

0 comments: