Wednesday, August 5, 2009

I made it...

I can't believe that I drove 6 hours towing my car without a single incident. I arrived to New Orleans and my friend Charles arrived shortly after to help me unload all of my stuff. It rained the entire time we were unloading but it was perfect and refreshing in this Louisiana humidity.

One helpful tip my friend shared with me is to keep at least a half tank of gas in your car during hurricane season because if a storm does come it can be difficult finding any.
Life in New Orleans is already so different than anywhere else I have lived. I'll have to make a list sometime soon of the uniqueness of NOLA.

2 comments:

Jawan said...

Wow, July was busy for you...not one single post, huh? So glad you're back in the blogging world. Now, email me your new mailing address, cell phone (same?), and email address since all I have is the auburn.edu one.

rhodes1 said...

Yay! You made it to New Orleans! Keep me posted on how everything comes together :)