Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Funny story

So, Sunday night I helped orient a team from Westminster Presbyterian and didn't think anything of it until this afternoon. We have so many churches named westminster that come to Lagniappe. Anyways, you'll understand when I tell the story.
Yesterday, Us tool shed girls were washing and cleaning out the Lagniappe church vehicles when a frazzled Katie Rhea drives up, jumps out of her car, and shouts, "why doesn't anyone around here answer their phones?! I have a kid in the emergency room with a screw through his arm". Of course, I drop everything I'm doing and follow her into the office while she looks for his insurance card information. The first question I then ask is "what's his name?" which she then responds... "Joel May". What?! Then it all clicks. The church that checked in last night is indeed the Westminster Pres. where Tom May is pastor. For those of you who don't know the May family...Tom May was assisstant Pastor at my home church, Community Presbyterian, a little over 7 years ago. Funny thing is I talked to Joel in the lunch line right before the incident happened and for a split second thought he looked familiar but didn't think anything else of it after I walked away. By the way he is 14 years old and taller than me by far. Little Joel is so grown up. Scary!For those of you interested in how the screw went through his arm, here's the story. He was working on hanging drywall with his team and had a screw on the tip of his screwgun prepared to work, when he saw a wasp. Joel tried to dodge the wasp and in doing so bent the arm with the srewgun and forcing the screw into his other arm. Luckily, even though the screw went all the way into his arm, it just pierced through the skin so he only had to get a tetnis shot and bandage it up a bit. This was the first accident this summer but I'm sure I'll have more stories like this to come.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Would you tell me why this thing is in Swedish??????
Mama told me about the blowtorch, proud of you!!! did you ever in your wildest dreams think that you would learn/like to use such a ting.
Don'tknow how this comment works, please let me know somehow that you received it!
Wonderful to hear that you are happy now, good girl! Love, Mormor.

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a small world! Hope you tool shed girls are staying safe and don't have to use your insurance coverage. Love ya, Dad