Saturday, January 9, 2010

Freezing like a popsicle

Yes....that is an icicle IN my house! We left the faucets dripping so the pipes wouldn't freeze but with the combination of an old house and no central heat/air with below freezing temperatures, we ended up with iciles indoors and frozen pipes throughout. My landlord, being the wonderful person that she is, got my roommate and I hotel rooms for the next 3 days so I am now enjoying warm temperatures and running water. It is like a little "staycation"--the hotel has a heated pool, workout room, is located on St Charles Ave (so I can hop right on the streetcar and ride to church in the morning), and a little thing called rooooom service! AND cable television so I can watch plenty of football and law and order. Hehe.

1 comments:

Alyssa Fisher said...

Have fun in the hotel!!! Hope the icicles don't make your water pipes burst!