Friday, January 29, 2010

She would have been 21 today.

Not every year is this emotionally painful but for some reason it is now. I don't know if it is because I am so far away from my family or because Jordan will soon be joining the Marines and I am terrified of losing another sibling and friend.

In all my sadness I am trying to stay thankful for the blessings God has given me. I am thankful that I got to have Rachael as my best friend, sister, and roommate for 12 years. I am thankful that we fought like sisters and I can now look back and laugh at it. I am thankful that even though I cannot be with my family right now, God has put me in a community and a city that knows my pain and loss. I am thankful for new friends here and old friends. I am thankful for the deeper relationships with my other siblings that are growing as they get older.

God is good all the time.

2 comments:

Jawan said...

Love you, "Wader".

Casey said...

I love you! Have a good cry...it's ok, then, eat some chocolate...it's ok, too, drink some wine, and then cry some more if you feel like it! I LOVE you and miss you!